The Office for ALF provides administrative support to the national ALF steering committe and coordinates the Swedish Research Council’s evaluations of clinical research quality in the ALF regions.
The office also coordinates contacts between the Swedish Research Council, the National Board of Health and Welfare, the Government Offices and the Swedish Research Council’s scientific councils, councils and committees on issues relating to ALF.
Each ALF region has appointed two contact persons – one from the region and one from the university’s faculty of medicine.
These regional correspondents are as follows:
Kristina Åkesson, firstname.lastname@example.org
Gavyn Edmunds, email@example.com
Anna Liljestam Hurtigh, firstname.lastname@example.org
Martin Wahlén, email@example.com
Kerstin Nilsson, firstname.lastname@example.org
Helena Sävenstrand, email@example.com
Peter Garvin, firstname.lastname@example.org
Anette Philipsson, email@example.com
Anna Humble, firstname.lastname@example.org
Maria Schönnings, email@example.com
Malin Sund, firstname.lastname@example.org
Clas Ahlm, email@example.com
Lars Grip, firstname.lastname@example.org
Henrik Hagberg, email@example.com
A national ALF steering committee has been in place since 2015. The committee supervises how the agreement is implemented and proposes adjustments where necessary.
Composition of the steering committee
The steering committee has 14 members. They represent the seven regions covered by the ALF agreement, as well as the Ministry of Education and Research, the Ministry of Health and Social Affairs, the Swedish Research Council, Vinnova - Sweden’s Innovation Agency, and the medical faculties at Karolinska Institutet KI, Lund University and Umeå University.
- Hannie Lundgren, Region Skåne (chair)
- Clas Ahlm, Region Västerbotten
- Jan Andersson, Region Stockholm
- Patrik Danielson, Umeå University
- Johan D Söderholm, Linköping University
- Jenny Fernebro, Government Offices, Ministry of Education and Research
- Mats G Karlsson, Region Örebro County
- Agneta Holmäng, University of Gothenburg
- Jan Kilhamn, Region Västra Götaland
- Andreas Muranyi Scheutz, Region Uppsala
- Kerstin Nilsson, Örebro University
- Torkel Nyman, Government Offices, Ministry of Health and Social Affairs
- Eva Tiensuu Janson, Uppsala University
- Mats Ulfendahl, Region Östergötland
What is ALF?
ALF is the abbreviation in Swedish of an agreement between central government and seven regions on physician education and clinical research. The agreement codifies the the parties’ agreement to work together to promote the development of health and medical care, and to collaborate on clinical research and the training of physicians.
PublISHED ON 29 May 2018
UpDATED ON 21 August 2020