The following provides advance information to facilitate planning ahead of making an application. The full call text will be published when the call opens. Please note that further terms and conditions/requirements may be added at that time.
17 August - 20 September 2022
Doctoral programme grant within migration and integration
The purpose of the doctoral programme grant is to increase competence in the field of migration and integration, and to improve national and international collaboration by contributing to third cycle higher education activities. Graduate schools contribute to and strengthen the future supply of competent researchers in the field.
Support form: Research environment and collaboration support
Subject area: Humanities and Social Sciences, Artistic Research, Medicine and Health, Natural and Engineering Sciences, Development Research
Focus: Migration and integration
Applicant: Organisation (Swedish higher education institution, HEI) A coordinator for the graduate school at the host organisation shall be invited to be the project leader for the application by the person responsible for the organisation’s applications.
Participating researchers: At least one further HEI shall join the application. One contact person per participating HEI shall be invited as a participating researcher.
Grant period: 3–4 years
Grant amount: Maximum 2 000 000 SEK per year
Budgetary framework: 16 000 000 SEK in total
Start of grant period: January 2023
Application period: 17 August 2022 (14.00/2.00 pm) - 20 September 2022 (14.00/2.00 pm)
Publication of grant award: No later than the beginning of December 2022
Framework for the graduate school
The graduate school shall:
- be operated by several Swedish HEIs in cooperation. Cooperation may also be international, and with foreign graduate schools that receive other forms of funding.
- collaborate with well-functioning and stimulating research environment/s with international connections
- create a structured range of educational programmes, with joint courses and seminars of high scientific and educational quality, which have to be nationally, and preferably internationally available
- have a clear organisation and leadership, including a board or governing body with overarching responsibility for quality assurance of the activities of the graduate school in the collaboration with the participating institutions
- have a sufficient national supply of research students
Note: The grant must not be used to fund doctoral student positions or for scholarships, but only for joint coordinating activities.