10 recommendations for research infrastructure
The Swedish Research Council’s Guide to research infrastructure has now been published. It indicates new needs and gives proposals for improvements to existing research infrastructure. The Guide forms a central part of the Swedish Research Council’s documentation for the upcoming Government Research Bill.
- Increase Swedish investments in research infrastructure.
- Intensify the coordination of research and research infrastructure.
- Clarify the allocation of responsibility for research infrastructures.
- Improve the information and strengthen the user support for open access and maximum use of existing infrastructures.
- Offer personnel at research infrastructures competence development and clear career paths.
- Reinforce the engagement of Swedish researchers and Swedish industry in instrument and technology development.
- Fulfil the major investments made into MAX IV and ESS.
- Inject resources to fill the rapidly increasing need for calculation, analysis, storage, transfer and accessibility of data.
- Intensify the work of creating prerequisites for open access to research data.
- Develop and clarify the legal prerequisites for handling personal data within research.
Pdf / Printout
MORE WITHIN THE SAME SUBJECT AREA
Published 27 February 2023
The Swedish Research Council’s research review in clinical thearpy research describes the current situation for the research and makes a forecast of the development during the next 5–10 years. The review also includes scientific and research policy r...
The potential of research data – how research infrastructures provide new opportunities and benefits for society
Published 23 February 2023
This is a high-level meeting during the Swedish Presidency of the Council of the European Union. Discussions during the conference will focus on the possibility of using open research data to solve social challenges, and what role research infrastruc...
Published 16 February 2023
The Swedish Research Council’s research review in natural and engineering sciences describes the current situation for the research and makes a forecast of the development during the next 5–10 years. The review also includes scientific and research p...