10 recommendations for research infrastructure
The Swedish Research Council’s Guide to research infrastructure has now been published. It indicates new needs and gives proposals for improvements to existing research infrastructure. The Guide forms a central part of the Swedish Research Council’s documentation for the upcoming Government Research Bill.
- Increase Swedish investments in research infrastructure.
- Intensify the coordination of research and research infrastructure.
- Clarify the allocation of responsibility for research infrastructures.
- Improve the information and strengthen the user support for open access and maximum use of existing infrastructures.
- Offer personnel at research infrastructures competence development and clear career paths.
- Reinforce the engagement of Swedish researchers and Swedish industry in instrument and technology development.
- Fulfil the major investments made into MAX IV and ESS.
- Inject resources to fill the rapidly increasing need for calculation, analysis, storage, transfer and accessibility of data.
- Intensify the work of creating prerequisites for open access to research data.
- Develop and clarify the legal prerequisites for handling personal data within research.
MORE WITHIN THE SAME SUBJECT AREA
Published 12 February 2024
The Government is making a change to the Swedish Research Council’s instructions, which means that we can fund research infrastructure of national interest for a longer period, extending from the current 6 years to 10 years. The purpose is to improve...
Published 1 February 2024
The Swedish Research Council rejects the proposal for three new public agencies in our response to the consultation document proposing a new public agency structure for funding research and innovation. We consider that the proposal has too narrow a s...
Published 9 January 2024
The Swedish Research Council’s Guide to infrastructure 2023 is a plan for how Swedish researchers in academia, the public sector and industry are to access the most sophisticated research infrastructure in Sweden and other countries. Research infras...