New members of the Committee for Development Research
The Swedish Research Council’s Board has appointed new members to the Swedish Research Council’s Committee for Development Research for the period 2022–2024.
The Committee for Development Research has nine members who represent research areas relevant to low income and lower middle income countries.
The Swedish Research Council appoints the chair and members, three of whom are appointed based on proposals from the research funding bodies Formas, the Swedish Research Council for Health, Working Life and Welfare, and Sida, the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency, and six based on proposals from the Swedish Research Council's three scientific councils.
Ingrid Öborn, Professor, Dept. Crop Production Ecology, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences (reappointed)
- Raine Isaksson, Senior lecturer, Department of Civil and Industrial Engineering, Uppsala University
- Ninna Nyberg Sørensen, Professor, Danish Institute for International Studies (DIIS), Copenhagen, Denmark
- Maja Schlueter, Professor, Stockholm Resilience Centre, Stockholm University
- Stefan Swartling Peterson, Professor, Department of Global Public Health, Karolinska Institutet
- Anna-Karin Hurtig, Professor, Department of Epidemiology and Global Health, Umeå University
- Kerstin Jonsson Cissé, Head of the Research Cooperation Unit, Sida
- Tomas Sundnes Drønen, Professor, Global Studies and Religion, School of Mission and Theology, Stavanger, Norway
- Anders Tegnell, Senior expert, Public Health Agency of Sweden
MORE WITHIN THE SAME SUBJECT AREA
Published 7 February 2024
This year’s Development Research Conference (DevRes) will be held at Lund University on 21-23 October. The conference gathers researchers working in fields linked to development and sustainability, and this year’s theme is “Reaching the Sustainable D...
Published 1 February 2024
The Swedish Research Council rejects the proposal for three new public agencies in our response to the consultation document proposing a new public agency structure for funding research and innovation. We consider that the proposal has too narrow a s...
Published 31 December 2023
In light of the Government's decision in June 2023 that the Swedish Research Council will no longer receive targeted funding for new calls within development research, the Swedish Research Council’s Board has decided to disband the Committee.