Actors participating in the programme
The programme has a programme committee, a reference group, a knowledge committee, and a coordinator for knowledge exchange.
The programme committee consists of the research funding bodies Forte, Formas and Vinnova and functions as an advisory body for discussing strategic issues relating to funding. The reference group consists of researchers in different subject areas, such as humanities, social sciences, and medicine and health.
The knowledge committee discusses spreading of and dialogue about research results. It consists of representatives from Arbetsförmedlingen (The Swedish Public Employment Service), Delmi, The Equality Ombudsman (DO), Försäkringskassan (The Swedish Social Insurance Agency), The Swedish Migration Agency, Sida, The National Agency for Education, The Swedish Red Cross, SKR (The Swedish Association of Local Authorities and Regions) and FoU Nordost. The researcher appointed as coordinator is responsible for the knowledge exchange between the researchers in the programme.
- illuminate all aspects of migration, migrants and integration
- increase knowledge about the prerequisites for creating inclusive societies
- cover research into both short-term and long-term causes and consequences of migration, such as economic, demographic and social aspects
- contribute to links between research and higher education
- contribute to gender equality
- contribute to increasing the impact of research results in society in the form of development, knowledge accumulation, evidence-based policies and administration.
Calls within the program
The links below lead to upcoming and current calls as well as to the decisions made in previous calls.
Strategic research agenda leads the way
A strategic research agenda focuses on knowledge needs and identifies what activities are needed to fulfil the purpose of the national research programme – to strengthen research within the area of migration and integration and promote the spread of research results.