What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that is stored in the browser on your computer and contains information about your visit to our website. It does not contain any information about you as user, and does not transfer viruses to your computer.
Session cookies are saved temporarily when you visit our website, and are removed when you close down your browser. Other cookies are saved in your browser over a longer time and are activated at your next visit to our website.
All cookies used on vr.se are first-party cookies. This type of cookies are set by vr.se, and only this website can read them.
Cookies on vr.se
These cookies ensure our services work as they should, and therefore we do not give your the option to inactivate them.
- JSESSIONID holds the session together between server and client
- SiteVisionLTM is a session cookie that sets the load balances to keep order of which server the client is to address
These cookies help us to improve the functionality of the website.
- sv-cookie-consent saves cookie consent, and is saved for one year
- lang is a session cookie that saves your language choice in the filter
- filters is a session cookie that saves the filters used in the search
- years is a session cookie that saves the years active in the filter
- subject is a session cookie that saves the subject area active in the filter
- list-style is a session cookie that saves the type of listing used in the filter
These cookies give us information on how the website is used. They help us to improve the experience for you as a visitor.
- _gid differentiates between unique users, and is saved for 24 hours
- _ga is used to create visitor statistics, saved for 2 years
- _gat_UA-3901701-30 is used to limit the number of requests on websites with a lot of traffic, and is saved for one minute
- FPID, web analytics, saved for 2 years
- FPLC, web analytics, saved for 20 hours
- _ga_F8HN197PXF, used to create visitor statistics, saved for 2 years
You decide which cookies are saved
You decide which cookies are saved about your visit to vr.se. You can choose to only allow us to store necessary cookies, or to also store cookies for website analysis and cookies that improve the functionality of the website.
Do you want to avoid all cookies?
If you want to avoid cookies altogether, then you can make changes to the security settings in your browser. If you do this, no cookies will be stored, but you will also not be able to use certain features, such as services on the website that require you to log in. The computer will automatically deny cookies, or will inform you each time a website requests to store a cookie.
What does the law state?
More information about cookies and the electronic communications legislation can be found on the Swedish Post and Telecom Authority’s website External link.