We promote research and contribute to societal development
- We finance the best research ideas within all scientific fields – each year, we support Swedish research with almost 7 billion SEK.
- We analyse the conditions for research, evaluate research and give advice to the Government on future research policies.
- We finance research infrastructures that give researchers in Sweden access to advanced tools in the form of high-qualityfacilities, equipment and databases.
- We work in various ways to stimulate international research collaboration.
- We coordinate and develop research communication and participate actively in the debate to create understanding of the long-term benefits of research.
We are knowledgeable and committed
Together, we have a high level of competence in how research and the research system works. Many of our employees are experienced researchers, and persons with varying past work experiences and education work here. Analysts, research officers, senior research officers, communicators, coordinators, project leaders, administrators, finance officers and many others work for us.
How we are organised
We are divided up into five departments
- Department of Research Policy
- Department of Research Funding
- Department of Research Infrastructures
- Department of Administration
- Department of Communications and Public Relations
The Research Council is headed by a board and a director general, who is the head of the agency. The Director General is also supported by the Executive Director in leading the agency.
Nine scientific councils, councils and committees report directly to the Board, and allocate funds within their various scientific fields. A secretary general with scientific responsibility is linked to each scientific council, council and committee.
Read more under How we are organised
PublISHED ON 30 May 2018
UpDATED ON 08 October 2021