The current framework programme, Horizon Europe, includes different types of partnerships that vary in the way they are funded and which actors are participating. There are also partnership programmes from previous framework programmes that remain active. The Swedish Research Council participates in partnership programmes in the following areas:
- Medicine and health (personalised medicine, antimicrobial resistance, neurodegenerative diseases, and rare diseases)
- Natural and engineering sciences (graphene, quantum technology and information)
- Research infrastructures (high-performance computer systems and the European Open Science Cloud (EOSC))
- Humanities and social sciences
- Multi-discipline (gender issues in research)
Sweden’s participation in partnership programmes is coordinated by the Swedish Research Council and the research councils Formas and Forte, the Swedish National Space Agency, the Swedish Energy Agency and Vinnova in the EU-Sam coordination function. Every year, Vinnova produces an annual report that details the Swedish participation in European programmes for research and innovation.