Contributes with knowledge and advice
The Expert Group on Ethics contributes with knowledge and advice on ethical issues within the Swedish Research Council’s remit. They work with ethical issues that concern both the researcher and the research:
- Researcher ethics is about the researcher's relationship to the research task or research assignment itself.
- Research ethics is about conducting the research in a way that takes into account and protects the various participants and research subjects affected by the research.
The task of the Expert Group is to
- advise us on matters concerning ethics and integrity within the framework of our research funding process
- develop a basis for our opinions, position and guidelines on issues related to researcher and research ethics
- produce information within the field of researcher and research ethics for our publications, for example the publication "Good research practice"
- produce documentation and prepare for our communication efforts within the field, by for example stimulating debate and reflection on researcher and research ethics through conferences, publications or collaborations
- represent the Swedish Research Council in national and international contexts.
Composition of the Expert Group
The Expert Group on Ethics has seven members who are appointed by the Swedish Research Council. The chair should be a professor of ethics, and the members represent the areas of ethics, law, medicine and health, natural and engineering sciences, and the humanities and social sciences. The scientific secretary of the Ethics Review Appeals Board and a representative from the Swedish Research Council also sit on the panel.
Bengt Brülde (Chair)
Professor, Institutionen för filosofi, lingvistik och vetenskapsteori
University of Gothenburg
Maria Eriksson Baaz
Professor, Department of Government
Professor/Medical Physicist at the Department of Radiation Physics
University of Gothenburg/Sahlgrenska University Hospital
Yvonne Lundberg Giwercman
Scientific Secretary/ Professor, Department of Translational Medicine
The Ethics Review Appeals Board/Lund University
Professor, Department of Chemistry & Molecular Biology
University of Gothenburg
Manager, Department of Research Funding
The Swedish Research Council
Associate Professor, Department for Studies of Social Change and Culture
Professor in jurisprudence at the Department of Law
PublISHED ON 28 May 2018
UpDATED ON 28 January 2020