14 researchers in Sweden to receive ERC Consolidator Grant 2023
The ERC has published the results of the call for Consolidator Grants. 14 of the researchers to receive a grant have a Swedish host institution.
ERC Consolidator Grant is intended for researchers whose PhDs were awarded 7-12 years ago, and the average grant is 2 million EUR paid across five years.
In total, 308 researchers from 23 countries in Europe will share 627 million EUR. Among the 14 researchers in Sweden receiving ERC Consolidator Grant, six are active within life sciences, five within physica sciences and engineering and three within social sciences and humanities.
Two other researchers from Swedish universities have received the highest grade (A) on their application and been placed on the ERC reserve list.
Approved research projects
Chalmers University of Technology
- Gaetano Sardina wih the project: MixClouds, Unraveling the impact of turbulence in Mixed-phase Clouds
University of Gothenburg
- Karl Börjesson wih the project: CONTROL, Controlling delocalisation and funnelling of excited state energy in the strong coupling regime in molecular systems
- Pauliina Damdimopoulou with the project: AFER, SAfeguarding female FERtility -development of human-relevant in vitro tools for reproductive toxicity
- Simone Fabiano with the project: INFER, In-operando growth of organic mixed ionic-electronic conductors for brain-inspired electronics
- Daniel Bexell with the project: Decode Relapse, Decoding and Targeting Treatment-Resistant Metastatic Neuroblastoma
- Andreas Nilsson with the project: PALEOCORE, Core dynamics on millennial timescales
- Joan Yuan with the project: ELO-B-Memory, Early life imprinting of B cell memory and its role in adult immunity
- Konrad Burchardi with the project: ADAPT, Agricultural Productivity and Technology Adoption in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Sabina Cehajic-Clancy with the project: HEAL, Healing societies: The impact of social context on intergroup reconciliation
- Anneli Kruve with the project: LearningStructurE, Machine Learning and Mass Spectrometry for Structural Elucidation of Novel Toxic Chemicals
- Johanna Rickne with the project: RE-SHAPE, Research Program on Sexual Harassment Prevention
Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences
- Charles Melnyk with the project: GRAFT-ABLE, Developing GRAFTing to enABLE hybridisation of new species for agriculture and forestry
- Sophie Sanchez with the project: LimbEvolution, How to make a limb: a new insight using three-dimensional synchrotron palaeohistology
- Aaron Vogan with the project: Starship, Revealing an active mechanism of horizontal gene transfer in fungi
Swedish Research Council and ERC
The Swedish Research Council works to encourage more Swedish researchers to apply for and be awarded ERC grants. Some of our work consists of arranging interview training for researchers who have been selected for stage 2 of the application process. We also organise webinars with information about upcoming ERC calls.
If you have questions, please contact Anethe Mansén, national contact point (NCP) for ERC: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pdf / Printout
MORE WITHIN THE SAME SUBJECT AREA
Published 15 February 2024
It is now possible for researchers who applied for the grant Post Doctoral European Fellowship 2023 within Marie Sklodowska-Curie Actions (MSCA) programme, and were the highest ranked reserves, to receive funding from the Swedish Research Council. Th...
Published 5 February 2024
Welcome to an information webinar about the next call for ERC Starting Grant (ERC-2025-StG) and ERC Consolidator Grant (ERC-2025-CoG). The meeting is aimed at researchers and administrative staff at Swedish universities who work with research support...
Published 18 January 2024
It has now been decided who will recieve an ERC Proof of Concept Grant in the last round of the call 2023. Two researchers are affiliated to a Swedish university. In addition, two researchers from the reserve list from the second round have been g...